Monday, August 15, 2011

February 27, 2012

Anticipation is building at our house…today marks the end of my first trimester! Cecilia is going to be a big sister! February 27th is the expected date of arrival for our new baby!! We feel so blessed and thankful to get to experience this joy all over again. I don’t take the privilege of parenthood lightly and can think of nothing better than holding another sweet baby in my arms.
We are so excited and even Cecilia seems to understand what’s going on to a certain extent. She often pulls up my shirt and says, “I wanna see that baby!” or “that baby sleeping?” She kisses my belly and calls my belly button the baby’s nose. Watching her try to make sense of the baby in my belly has made the past few months even more fun for us.
So along with this announcement, I feel like I should offer an apology, as the amount of mushy, mom-braggy posts will most undoubtedly be doubled!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations! You make the 5th person I know with a baby due in February!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Yes February is going to be a busy baby month, but it's a good month to be born - so far I haven't heard of anyone due near my February 17th birthday though !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! So excited for you guys! That date was my due date too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't be more excited for you. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes yes, PLEASE keep them coming. I am so very excited for you guys and can't wait ot meet the newest little Shinn baby. I know this is something you have been longing for too. you are a great mommy.

    ReplyDelete